Easter Opening Times
Thursday 29th March - Close at 1:00pm
Friday 30th March - CLOSED
Saturday 31st March - CLOSED
Sunday 1st April - CLOSED
Monday 2nd April - CLOSED
Tuesday 3rd April - Open as usual.
For the days over the Bank Holiday when we are closed patients can access the following services:
NHS 111 – Patients can speak to trained advisors who will assess your symptoms and direct you to the most appropriate service. Open 24 hours per day and all calls are free.
Ashton Primary Care Walk in Centre: 0161 342 7050
Community Pharmacist Minor Ailments – Any local pharmacy
'3 Before GP'
Help combat winter pressure in general practice
Please ask yourself the following 3 questions before booking an appointment with your GP:
- Self Care
- Use NHS Choices or similar reputable website/resource
- Seek advice/treatment via a Pharmacist
Not being able to get an appointment is frustrating for both patients and GP's, but there are a variety of alternatives to consider first and we would encourage patients with more minor illnesses to think hard about whether they need to see a GP.
Re: Out of Hours Access
Locally we have the following services that patients can use directly for 'out of hours' access:
- NHS 111 – Patients can speak to trained advisers who will assess their symptoms and direct them to the best, most appropriate service to receive medical care/support. All calls are free from landlines and mobile phones and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- The Walk-in Centre – telephone: 0161 342 7050
- Minor Eye Complaints please see our newsletter for opticians
- Minor Aliments - (all local pharmacies except Cohen’s in Glossop)
Patient On-Line Access
You can now make appointments, request repeat medication and view your medical record on-line . If you would like to register for on-line access please contact reception to request further information.
The doctors and staff at Albion Medical Practice in Ashton-under-Lyne are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
We run clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations, smear tests and NHS health checks.
The Albion Medical Practice has full access for disabled persons. Toilet facilities are also available.
(Site updated 26/03/2018)